Welcome to AOSIS eLearning
AOSIS provides eLearning solutions that allow you to offer your own courses online.
As South Africa’s only Certified Moodle Partner
™, we develop customised Moodle® platforms that meet your organisation’s needs and optimise efficacy through training and support. Furthermore, we assist you in transforming your content into affordable and sustainable courseware suitable for online teaching and blended learning.What is Moodle®?
Moodle is an open source learning platform, also called a Learning Management System (LMS), which helps you create effective online teaching and learning experiences in a collaborative and private environment. The official website is: moodle.org.
Available in over 100 languages, Moodle is trusted by organisations and institutions, large and small, and has millions of users all over the world.
Comprehensive Moodle training is provided on topics ranging from the new course setup to system administration. Training is done by remote web conferencing or face-to-face workshops. Courses can be taken either on their own or combined with other courses (discount applies).
- course setup (how to set up your own courses in Moodle)
- system administration (from user creation to plugin and report management)
- custom (choose which plugins, developments and activities to learn)
- Moodle Course Creator Certificate (issued by Moodle Trust from Perth, Australia)
Courseware Design and Production
We design courseware based on your existing or new course content. We maximise the user experience and make the content less wordy with a greater visual impact and incorporate your company’s branding. We help your students retain knowledge and optimise their learning by utilising the latest and most proven learning methodologies.
Variations include videos, podcasts, interactive courseware and eBooks which can be viewed without a Learning Management System (LMS) or be uploaded within your LMS.
Support units for any technical and system administrator enquiries may be purchased separately. Top up the units anytime and use it only when needed.
One support unit is equal to one support hour. Discounts may apply for large unit bundles.
System Maintenance and Hosting
It is crucial to maintain and update the Learning Management System (LMS) at scheduled intervals so that your system functions optimally and data is kept secure.
Our service includes:
- emergency bug fixes and security code updates as and when required
- scheduled quarterly minor release and semi-annual major release upgrades
- weekly full site backups and daily incremental backups (saved for 14 days)
- adequate server space and data usage.
We integrate your existing systems and other popular software such as content management systems, client relationship management systems and Office 365 to work seamlessly with your Moodle site.
Increasing time constraints necessitate the most optimal learning methodology and design.
We create tailored platforms that include custom functionality and User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) enhancements–making your system easy to use.
Contact us for client references.
Your eLearning solution starts with an in-depth consultation to determine how best to apply Moodle in your organisation. Our aims here include to:
- Understand your business environment so we can customise Moodle to meet your needs.
- Review your existing courseware, with best-practice examples of how to improve it.
- Explain how Moodle works from a teacher, student, and technical perspective.
The result is a set of tailored recommendations designed to make your courses, including your learning and development offering, more engaging and effective.